Running Tips - Tips For Morning Running

Running in the morning gives you a great feeling of accomplishment. You have your run already in for the day, you have more energy for the rest of your day, it gets you in a good mood and feeling like you can handle anything that comes your way.

Statistics show that morning runners are more consistent than those who just try to fit their workouts in sometime during the day. Things can happen during the day that can cause you to cut your scheduled run short - or even have to cancel it altogether. So, morning running in a great way to plan to make sure that your run happens.

Here are some tips to make help make morning running easier for you.

Make sure that you are getting enough sleep. Try to get to bed a little earlier. You can't stay up all night watching TV and then plan on getting up early to run. You need to have 7-8 hours of sleep to make sure that you are refreshed to start your day - and your run.


You should lay out your running clothes the night before. The last thing that I do before I go to bed is to check the weather to see what the temperature and weather conditions are going to be during the time I'll be running. Then I get the clothes together that I think I'll need. This saves me time in the morning. I even go so far as to put my clothes in another room so that I don't disturb my husband if I get out before he gets up.

Have a training plan and schedule. If you are training for a certain event - or have a mileage goal, it's much easier to get out for your run. You won't skip a run to sleep in if you know that you have a 10K coming up in a couple of weeks.

Eat something light before you head out. You shouldn't run on an empty stomach, but you really don't have time to eat something big and get it digested before you head out. I usually eat a Power Bar or at least half of one while I'm getting dressed. That way I have something in my stomach.

Morning running is something that I have come to love for a variety of reasons. You may have to work a little at it when you first start doing it - but I'm sure you'll come to appreciate those runs as a wonderful way to get your day started.

As you can see, running in the mornings can keep you on track with your running program. Visit Running Tips for other tips for staying out on the roads.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Judy_Mick

No comments:

Post a Comment